Public Speaking Expert
Hiring a public speaking coach can be a difficult decision. Some coaches require thousands of dollars for their services. Public speaking coaching is a major investment. If you attend formal events and deliver speeches regularly, you might benefit from hiring a coach. He can teach you the most effective speaking techniques, show you how to write a great speech, and help you build a career in public speaking. Everyone can benefit from working with a coach. The most talented speakers you can think of work with trainers.
Take the time to do proper research before hiring a coach. You’re going to spend a lot of time together and build a close working relationship, so it’s important to find someone who understands your needs. Some trainers offer their services online or by phone, while others do face-to-face coaching. The first thing you should is to decide what type of public speaking coaching works best for you. Do you want to meet the coach in person and schedule regular sessions, or talk on Skype? How much money can you spend on public speaking coaching? Are you looking for a trainer with experience in business? Most coaches provide corporate training services too.
There are many things to consider before choosing a speaking coach. Go online and search for public speaking trainers in your area. Visit their websites and check their background. Contact three or four coaches and try to find out more about their services. You can ask the following questions:
• What is their educational background?
• Do they work with companies or individuals?
• Can they help you overcome speech anxiety?
• Do they offer private sessions?
• How is their coaching different?
• Do they work as public speaking coaches full time?
• When was the last time they spoke in front of an audience?
• Do they have real world experience in public speaking?
• Will they sign a confidentiality agreement?
• Are they going to videotape you or record each session?
• Have they coached other executives in your industry?
• How much do they charge?
• Can they provide a list of referrals or show you their portfolio?
• Do they focus on speech writing or delivery?
After talking with several coaches, you should assess their services and choose one who suits your personality and style. Look for customer reviews and testimonials. A successful public speaking coach should be able to put you in touch with past clients. Make sure you ask how many sessions are needed and where they will take place.