Public Speaking Expert
Public speaking, like spiders, is just one of those things that tend to inspire fear in many people.
However, it’s possible to go about overcoming public speaking fear with a few simple exercises, techniques, and proper preparation.
1. Know the purpose and objective of your speech. If you don’t know what the purpose of your own speech is, neither will your audience. It’s essential to define this as your first order of business, to start overcoming public speaking fear.
2. Get in touch with your inner public voice. By creating harmony between your inner self and your outer voice that is giving the speech in front of people, you will gain confidence and be better able to overcome public speaking fear.
3. Select and organize your speech content carefully. With the time it takes for you to prepare the layout of your speech, you will also be able to get over your public speaking fears. A well-organized speech is easier to practice, and easier for the audience to understand.
4. Know your facts, but speak to your audience. One common mistake that speakers make is focusing too much on the sheet of paper in front of them, merely reciting a list of facts. For a successful speech, you should instead consciously speak to your audience.
5. Engage your audience. Speaking courses emphasize that along with speaking to your audience comes the idea of engaging them. You could use humor, participation, or body language that draws them in.
6. Dedicate time in your schedule for speech preparation. A few minutes every night will help you gain control of your pitch, tone, body language, and other factors of your speech.
7. Practice in front of trusted colleagues. Before going up in front of your final audience, you can start overcoming public speaking fear by practicing in front of friends or colleagues.
8. Use a sense of humor. A few amusing anecdotes will make you feel more relaxed, and better capture your audience’s attention.
9. Criticism can be used in your favor. When you are given tips to improve your speech, don’t take these as a sign that you did something wrong. Instead, learn from your mistakes to improve your speech next time.
10. Boost your confidence with mental visualizations. A good way to start overcoming public speaking fear is to visualize your speech going well. This will also improve the overall presentation.
For more tips and tricks that not only help in overcoming public speaking fear, but also can help improve the outcome of your speech capabilities, websites like http://www.IMproSolutions.com offer ideal solutions. Downloadable courses help you improve your speech from the comfort of your own home.